If you wish to compete in the U of S rodeo, or any other Canadian Intercollegiate Rodeo, you will require a CIRA membership. The information below is directly from the CIRA website, cirarodeo.ca. The membership form can also be found on our website under the Members Section. Please note if you only wish to be involved in the team but not compete a CIRA membership is not required.
Memberships are $180 for the season.
To be considered for membership in the CIRA a student must be attending a college or university listed in Canada. The student must be in good standing and have a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) semester by semester, changing school or programs, student will be treated as ‘new student’. All students must attempt nine (9) credits, or equivalent, to be eligible to compete at rodeos.
To obtain a successful membership with the CIRA you must:
1) Students must fill out and complete the entire CIRA membership form to be eligible to compete.Membership must be received by the office two days prior to entries.
2) Payment must be sent with membership – cheque or money order only.
3) Students must provide proof of enrolment from school at the same time as membership. Proof must be an official transcript for full-time students.
4) Apprenticeship/trades students must provide a copy of their acceptance letter from the school with the date that classes begin. Classes must begin before the first day of the CIRA Finals to be eligible to compete that year.
5) At the beginning of the second semester, all students who have attended school must submit a new transcript with updated grades. Students who have not begun classes at this time or are currently rodeoing on practicum or apprenticeship, are not required to submit anything.
Note: Any NSF cheques will be charged $35